Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Writing for Speaking

As our work on composing and structuring the audio for our piece on The Marc Steiner Show shapes up, my group feel we are doing well on that front. However, a new challenge has arisen: writing a brief introduction for the piece.

Monica, Zoe, Nailah and I are all assigned to the "Monday" segment. It's supposed to lay a foundation, a groundwork, for the whole week. How much explanation is too much? The clips we use should be the focus, but I worry that unless we explain ourselves at least a bit, listeners simply won't have any sort of frame of reference. I think we especially need to make the connection between Sparrows Point and BayBrook explicit.

(This metaphorical illustration brought to you by Google Maps and the GIMP, because I am a whole ball of ideological contradictions.)

Since Dr. King has class meeting as usual, it will be good to both discuss our radio progress and get back into the swing of Garden Gala-related things. I feel like I've been away forever, even though it's only been a couple of weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment