Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Committees & Concepts

This past week, students in AMST-442/680 divided ourselves up into teams: Event Planning, Outreach & Promotions, and History & Products. I'm on O&P, because of my copy editing experience, but will probably be shared out to H&P as well. That's a good thing, since I feel a lot of our promotional materials (as opposed to promotional actions) will need product design input. Prof. Steve Bradley's IRC students, with whom we're partnering, should have a say as well, since from a visual perspective they know more than any of us. Speaking of which, they've just about wrapped up our logo design! I don't have a completed version to put up here, but the one Prof. Bradley posted in this blog entry is just gorgeous. I love the clear, hand-drawn aesthetic of it; the human qualities feel perfect for a community-based project like this one. We're hoping to get it printed on black and green tee shirts (I want a green one!) by a local print shop. I'd say more on this, but I'm not certain whether the deal has been finalized yet. The logo design is also central to the Outreach concepts we're batting around, such as a convenient little Save the Date card to be tossed into each of the products H&P works up. Ideally, I'd want the logo to be ubiquitous and, through the cards, constantly wedded to our upcoming fundraiser event set for May 18 at 2640 Space. In today's class, I hope to talk with my committee and H&P about ways we can use an upcoming craft fair for the dual purposes of fund- and awareness-raising.

No comments:

Post a Comment